11/01/2020

Autumn in New England

I've been living in New England for most of my life. Currently I live in Boston, the largest city in New England. I think I would like to experience living elsewhere, but I can't say I have much to complain about. Sure, shoveling snow can be annoying, but on average it's really only required a handful of times per year. Yes, it gets cold in the Winter and hot in the Summer - but the extremes don't last very long. You get to experience each distinct season. I think it's beneficial to your mental health to experience these types of changes. How boring would it be if the trees always looked the same? When the cool autumn air greets you in the morning, it's very nostalgic and it heightens your senses. It somehow gives me a feeling of joy and hope. The excitement of the year's first snowfall. The first day you're able to wear shorts in the late Spring gives me motivation to explore.

I love the asymmetrical coloring of the leaves -->


I saw this interesting assortment of plants..a bush with jagged green leaves (apparently often consumed with sushi), another one with red leaves, and a bright red flower growing at the base.

<-- Zoomed In
Zoomed Out -->
I love bright orange leaves. They always make me stop in my tracks and admire for a few moments before moving on with my day.
Crossing my fingers for a victory for these two in a few days -->
New England is a set of very blue states. We could definitely afford (and I would encourage) a large migration of liberals/democrats to some purple states like Ohio, Florida, or Iowa. The country as a whole would  be better off. Sadly, these three states aren't very appealing for me personally).
A hospital for women near my apartment. Looks like a mansion or mini castle (note: I love castles).
Lovely sidewalk view -->
Closeup of one of the trees in photo above.


















Below 3 photos are from a park right across the street.
Green, red, orange, yellow....pretty!













<-- Along the emerald necklace bike/walk path

Walden Pond, Concord MA -->

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving

 Trying out a different platform: https://museparade.wordpress.com/