10/09/2006

Salad!

Random thought/observation of the day:

If there's no more lettuce in the bowl at the salad bar, everyone bypasses the station completely. I really don't understand the reason for this. I guess I can see how the lettuce is the "main ingredient" to the salad, but by no means is it the most nutritious. I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually the least benificial; especially with the fact that my school serves iceberg lettuce, which is mostly water and has very few nutrients. Besides that, there are mushrooms, carrots, cherry tomoatoes, cucumbers, and onions. Eating even a small amount of one of the other vegetables seperately would be more benificial than eating a whole bowl of the iceburg lettuce.

I should also take into account that most people usually get lettuce only, which is probably the biggest factor. I also don't understand this. I suppose I could just blame it all on ignorance. I wonder if students really believe they are eating healthy by filling their small salad bowl with iceberg lettuce and drowning it in dressing that is high in fat, cholesterol, carbohydrates, sodium, etc.

Anyway, it is unfortunate for the ignorant. That's all for now. Until next time! Learn more about food before consuming it! Of course that's only if you care about yourself.

1 comment:

Moving

 Trying out a different platform: https://museparade.wordpress.com/