11/03/2006

College Hoodie

Since I've been living here on campus at CCSU I've noticed that at on any given day, at least thirty to forty percent of the students walking around are wearing a CCSU hoodie or shirt of some sort. Since this is an everyday observation, I would guess that most of the school's population owns at least one piece of clothing imprinted with the ccsu emblem. What I'm trying to figure out is why. Why do students feel the the need to display their school's clothing, especially while on campus? It's almost like a school uniform or something. It's either an issue of pride, sentimental value, fitting in, or a mixture of the three. The reasoning seems to be pretty cut and dry, but the first two reasons have conflicting descriptions: 1) Freshman wear the clothing. What do they have to be proud of? It's not even that hard of a school to get in to. 2) If something has sentimental value, it generally isn't used/worn very often. The third reason however is valid, but is a pretty dumb reason.

Anyway, I'm probably not making much sense; I tend to over think many things. I probably will end up buying a ccsu hoodie, but not until I've established myself here. I want something other than a diploma and degree to remember my years here, something of sentimental value that I will not proudly display every day.

Here's a perfect portrayal of the point I'm trying to get across.

Taken from National Lampoon's Animal House.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving

 Trying out a different platform: https://museparade.wordpress.com/