11/07/2006

Don't forget to vote!

I really don't understand why so many people are encouraging everyone to vote. You may be thinking, "well, voting is a good thing! We should take advantage of our democratic privileges". As I see it, most people are ignorant in the area of politics and therefore should not vote. Most people are more interested in who won the last patriots game than how many people just died in Iraq. You shouldn't even be allowed to vote unless you know all or most of the facts. I would guess that fifty percent or more of the folks who voted today did so with very little knowledge. Here's my assumption breakdown: 10% made intelligent decisions based on the facts presented to them, 40-50% just voted with their designated party or with who their parents voted for, 25% voted based on one or more allegations they might have heard (let it be a false promise or statistic), and 15% voted just because they heard Ben Afflec or some other giant figure tell them to vote.

I hate to sound pompous, but I probably know more than most people do and I didn't vote. Shit, I watch c-span all the time and I also read the paper. I even watched two of the debates by Liberman and Lemont. I still had no idea who to vote for.

My mother once said that you should have to take a test before you can give birth. I think you should have to take a test before you're able to a lot of things.

Don't you agree?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:02 PM

    ABSOFUCKINLUTELY AND AMEN TO THAT

    YOU'RE A SMART GUY

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to tell if you're being sincere or not, but thanks for the comment nonetheless.

    If you were in fact being sarcastic I would have appreciated some sort of counter-explanation.

    ReplyDelete

Moving

 Trying out a different platform: https://museparade.wordpress.com/