9/03/2007

One for the Record, part 5

Believe it or not this is the final part... I know it's sad; my night was finally coming to an end....but not without a finale! I had about a mile or so to go from the bar and I was totally up for the walk. Actually at the time, I probably wouldn't have minded if I had another five miles to go.

I was flying high, skipping and doing cartwheels down the sidewalk on my way home. Actually, that's lie...although something similar was going on in my head. Still on main street, my old elementary school was coming up on my left and the church where I used to attend catechism was down the street to the right. I also remembered that I had a cousin who lived near the church whom I haven't seen in a few years. She was a night owl like I am, so since it wasn't out of the way, my semi drunk self waddled down the right street for a late night visit.

Her porch light was on which made it easy to spot, but her car wasn't there. As I approached her driveway, a small white car pulled in. I didn't stop walking, but I slowed my pace so that I could see who it was. I was a bit past her driveway at this point, but I still couldn't tell who it was so I stopped. It was neither of her parents, so I gave it a chance and called out her name. She looked around and I could tell it was her, so I quickly identified myself. "My long lost cousin!", she said as she walked over to give me a hug. I explained why I was randomly walking down her street in the middle of the night, then she offered me a ride home. Of course, I took her up on that.

Turns out she got a new car since the last time I saw her. We both kept laughing at the strange coincidence that we were in the same spot at the same time. If either of us were twenty seconds off, we wouldn't have ran into each other. Not knowing what kind of car she now had, I wouldn't have guessed she was home if I had gotten there just a tad later....likewise I would have completely missed her if hadn't taken all of my random detours.

I invited her in to chat a bit when we arrived at my house, so she came in. We were a tad loud and I didn't want to wake anyone up, so I gave my sister a call at her new apartment to see if we could all visit and catch up a bit. Naturally, she was also up and about...it seems to run in the family. She said sure, so we hopped back in her car and drove over to her place. We didn't stay long, but it was nice to catch up and reconnect. After about an hour, we said our goodbyes.

All in all, an extremely interesting night.Interesting enough for me to write all about it, spanning out to five parts! As of now I still don't know why my license got suspended. I have a court date on September 10th, so hopefully I find out then. I took my car to a garage the next day and got an estimate of much more than I'm willing to spend at the moment to fix the exhaust system. For now I'm just going to buy some muffler patch and hopefully that'll smother the sound for now.

This will probably be it for my storytelling for a while, unless I get lucky enough to experience something similar. I suppose it's all up to me! Well, we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:41 PM

    You took an interesting approach to an unfortunate event. Most people would have drowned in self pity, no doubt...but not you. You continued on with your night, turning it into a novelistic tale to share. I quite enjoyed it :) Good luck with your license, your car, and continue to "grin". Life looks a hell of a lot better through smiling eyes. xo

    ReplyDelete

Moving

 Trying out a different platform: https://museparade.wordpress.com/