11/21/2008

A Blog About Blogging!

Feeling the need to write and having not a clue in the world as to what to write about, I found a survey! Here goes...

Do you like the look and contents of your blog?
Being as lazy and carefree as I am, I picked one of the premade templates. It's pretty simple and easy on the eyes, so I like it just fine. The only thing I changed is the background. Regarding content - If I didn't like it, I wouldn't keep writing. Although I do often post a blog one day, and come back and edit it if something doesn't look right.

Does your family know about your blog?
As far as I know, only my mother and sister know about it. They're pretty much the only ones who actually use the internet, so that might be why.

Can you tell your friends about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?
I could and I think I have in the past sort of indirectly wishing they might read it, but I won't go out of my way to make sure they know. Blogs are not private, period... unless you lock them. The only reason why I post my thoughts on the internet is the wish that someone might read them. I have the link to this blog attached to many of my other websites such as facebook. I consider it a sort of fishing, hoping someone might bite.

Do you read the blogs of those who comment on your blog? Or do you try and discover new blogs?
If I got any comments, yes I probably would. I occasionally use the random blog function at the top of the page out of pure boredom, but I rarely come across anything I'm interested in reading. More often than not, I find most of the blogs I follow through google searches I conduct throughout the day on various topics.

Does your blog positively affect your mind?
Again, I wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't helping me in some way. If you've ever seen or read the Harry Potter series, a blog is sort of like the pensieve. It's a way to log memories and thoughts to both get them out of your head and to refer back to them at a later time. If you're lucky, you'll even get some insight from the blogger community.

What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? Do you have a traffic counter?
It counts the number of people who view your blog by tracking their IP address. Am I right, and I right?? Hehe, I believe blogspot has its own built in traffic counter, but I don't look at it very often.

Do you imagine what other bloggers look like?
If they don't already of a picture of themselves on the blog itself, then no. All I really care about is the text.

Do you think blogging has any real benefits?
It's acts as both a sort of journal and a form of communication, so of course it has benefits. Whether its just personal or political, blogging has become a very large form of media.

Do you think that the blogosphere is a stand alone world community separated from the real world?
Not at all. This isn't the Matrix (well it is a matrix of sorts), this is the real world. I suppose there are some specialized communities of bloggers that tend to stray from the real world, but I would imagine that most of the people who participate in blogging to actually connect further with the world.

Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them?
I'm not particularly attracted to many political blogs, but I do follow some.

Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful?
Yesir! I welcome criticism. I do a lot of it myself. I do hope that is constructive criticism though, and not just an insult or sarcastic comment.

Have you ever thought about what would happen to your blog if you died?
Nope. Thinking about it now, I would assume that it would float in cyberspace for a while until blogspot decided to take it down...whenever that might be. My mother or another family member might print everything I've written just to keep me alive in their hearts (you'll never catch me saying that again). Actually, I used to keep a livejournal. I haven't updated it or even logged in for more than a couple years and yet it still exists. I suppose its a way of living after death.

Which blogger has had the greatest impression on you?
I can't really single out one blogger.

Which blogger do you think is the most similar to you?
See above.

Name a song you want to listen too.
I suppose I have a problem picking favorites. I have my media player set on random at the moment. The last few songs consisted of Stereophonics, Radiohead, and Built to Spill.

What does your blog title mean? (I added this question)
It serves as both my blog title and screen name, so I get many inquiries about its meaning. I thought it was pretty straightforward. Muse means to think about, to ponder, to mull over....while a parade is a public display of culture or beliefs. So together, they make:

A public display of thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving

 Trying out a different platform: https://museparade.wordpress.com/