2/27/2019

About Me

I love books, but I don't like owning many of them. This is what libraries are for! I do own a handful of favorites however.

I have hoarding tendencies. I think it's genetic. I used to keep several years worth of paper receipts and carry them with me every time I moved. Luckily today I'm able maintain the hoarding digitally! But, yes, in general, I agree with the mantra, 'less is more'. 

I'm extremely picky when it comes to clothes and shoes, but quite the opposite when it comes to food. I will eat pretty much anything, but this is not to say I don't appreciate the finer foods. 

I'm very antisocial and would describe myself as an introvert, but I don't hate people.

I'm extremely frugal and go so far as to monitor and scan for certain items of clothing on Ebay for several months before making the purchase (on a used item).

I will only ever purchase a manual transmission car because automatics are so boring to drive. 

However, while I love driving, I hate driving among all the careless drivers on the road. Because of my frugality, ideally I'll end up somewhere I won't need a car to get around. While I am looking forward to self-driving cars for safety's sake, I will miss grinding through the gears

My last meal would be a toss up between a good burger and sashimi

I'm very skeptical by nature. I find it scary and alarming when people believe something so easily.

I believe ignorance is likely bliss, but willful ignorance is downright sad and infuriating.

I believe in the KISS philosophy: "keep it simple, silly", for  most aspects of life.

I find it strange when people strive to be 'normal' or like everybody else.

Giving people the benefit of the doubt is one of the best things you can do. Don't assume. Ask questions.

I don't put my eggs all in one basket. Obviously when it comes to investing, but also when it comes to spending money. I try not to support only one company. This part of the reason I like building computers so much. Almost every component is made by a different company: storage: solid-state drive (SSD) - Western Digital,  hard drive (HDD) - Seagate, power supply unit (PSU) - Corsair, graphics card (GPU) - ASUS, central processing unit (CPU) - AMD, random access memory (RAM) - G. Skill, motherboard (MOBO) - MSI, mouse - Logitech, keyboard - Kensington, Monitor - LG, Case/tower - Rosewill, Speakers - Creative, Operating System (OS) - Microsoft

I don't follow traditional holidays or even keep track of birthdays. I do however, participate in spontaneous gift giving. Along the same lines, if you contact me once or twice a year for either my birthday or a holiday, I prefer you don't contact me at all.

I can't for the life of me stick to a certain daily schedule. Every day is different and somehow I manage to live this way. I feel like if I did, I would feel too much like a robot.

Trendy fashion eludes me for the most part. I don't know why you'd want to look like everyone else. Along the same lines, I especially don't understand why you'd want to be a walking advertisement. As a younger kid, I used to wear this t-shirt with a giant Nike logo on the front. Looking back, I think I was desperately trying to fit in. I see these people carrying around these expensive hand bags and the only decoration on the entire bag is the brand name tiled across the entire surface. Typically, they are Coach bags. How does that look good? I suppose it's a status symbol. 

In reaction to a similar post in 2009:
https://muse-parade.blogspot.com/2009/03/25-things.html

1. Somewhat still true - although it's more like low light. Likely due to being so frugal I keep as many lights off as possible. I also sometimes wonder what it's like to be blind.

Fun fact: did you know blind people don't actually anything at all. Not even black. So simply closing your eyes doesn't exactly put you in the shoes of a blind person.

2. I definitely don't do this anymore
3. Still true
4. Not true anymore - although sometimes I just want to get rid of it
5. While nostalgic, this is not true. Too much of hassle. I do however enjoy using mechanical pencils from time to time - although I get pissed every time I smudge the lead.

Super short story: A college math professor asked us not to write in pencil because writing in pen would make us not forget our mistakes. Instead of simply erasing the mistake, we'd cross it out. He thought it would make it more likely we would't repeat the mistake.

6. I think I grew out of this. Funny enough, my wife and I kept our original last names. Whose name will our kids have? Better grab a coin.
7. Looking back, I should have raised my hand. I had nothing to be embarrassed about.
8. I finally got rid of it. The holes became too large.
9. My favorite color is yellow and I do know why. It's a happy color. And I am generally a happy person.
10. False. I love being alone. But yes, I am extremely introverted.
11. How nostalgic. I'll have to find some ROMS and try to recreate this experience.
12. Yup, I was devastated. 'You can't always get what you want'.
13. I still wonder what happened to the letter. However, looking back, I'm happy nothing came of it.
14. I've been sick, but nothing too bad.
15. Still true. I try to read too much between the lines.
16. Still an option, but we'll see.
17. Not true anymore.
18. True, yup. I think it had to do with the material. I have very sensitive skin. Now I have a pair of jeans I love - but I  would still be horrified to put them on wet.
19. I still hear people say this. Still don't understand why.
20. Yeah.. this happens from time to time, but I'm still here!
21. Not true any more.
22. First  part is true. Second part, not so much. I just don't have the time.
23. Yup,  true. I always enjoy telling people these useless facts.
24. Yup, true. I can still do it, but still only stuck at 3 balls.
25. Partly true. I hate daily routine, but it's important to have discipline. So you need to find a good balance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving

 Trying out a different platform: https://museparade.wordpress.com/