8/31/2007

One for the Record, Part 2

Since my car doors don't lock, I shoved the movies in my cargo pockets and headed off down the sidewalk toward main street. On my way to the junction, I passed a jogger and some creepy guy standing beside a tree in front of an abandoned office building. After taking a left at the intersection I attempted to buy an icecream sundae in McDonald's drive-through. Unfortunately I was denied service because I wasn't in a car :( A little further down main street I stopped in a gas station and decided to try one of their new energy drinks. I picked a grape flavored one with a skull on the front of the can; I don't remember the brand it was. I continued drinking while I walked. About a quarter mile down from McDonalds I came to a an underpass. Being covered in shadow, I was slightly hesitant in walking though to the other side but continued anyway. About halfway through I glanced up at the slanted walls on either side that led up to the base of the bridge and saw nothing there. A second after I turned my head back to where I was walking, I blinked. The moment my eyes closed, a violent scene shot through my head. I imagined a dark figure descend from where I just looked, stab me the stomach with a dagger of some sort, and run off into the distance with my wallet. I slouched to the ground clutching my stomach and with blood trickling out of my mouth I just lay there helpless as my vision blurred into nothingness. I stopped dead in my tracks and opened my eyes as goosebumps trailed down my back. I quickly looked around again, straightened up, took a deep breath, and continued my long walk home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving

 Trying out a different platform: https://museparade.wordpress.com/