8/25/2007

Practice Makes Pefect?

It's been a while my old friend. I'm not quite sure how to explain the gaps in my entries, as there are limitless things to talk about. I suppose it's because it takes me some time to compile a set of similar ideas to formulate a narrow topic. Recently I haven't been able to manage my time wisely, as so the separation of thoughts has been quite difficult. Also, I've been reading a book called Bag of Bones by Stephen King. The main character, a novelist by the name of Mike Noonan has been stricken with a case of writer's block. Every time he sits down to write, his body involuntarily rejects any attempt to write a single word. I suppose to a certain degree, I've been infected by the same thing Mike has. Although in my situation it is created by my own fear that what I write will make no sense, a failed attempt in communication if you will. Since this is my strongest way of communication, as well as a way of expressing myself, you can see how such a failure can be devastating. Hence practice I suppose.

This is what I hope to accomplish in the coming months. Will it pay off? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving

 Trying out a different platform: https://museparade.wordpress.com/