4/13/2020

Life - A Poem

I found these notes in an old notebook. I have no idea when I wrote it. It looks like a poem. Here it is:

Life
There's a light. It's so far away..
I wonder if I can get closer...
Wait... it is getting closer...
Bigger and bigger, it is so bright....

I emerge from a cannon
I am flying up into the air
Toward a reflective ceiling, I fly...
I can see my reflection getting larger and larger...
My image shatters and my body...
Breaks through the other side.

The world is getting smaller now..
I can see my whole city, my whole state, my whole world.
The earth is so small. So insignificant. So beautiful.
I become motionless for a moment. Time passess....
I want to stay here. Up here by myself, where...
I am safe. It is safe. Peaceful. Serene...
I am falling.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Jordan! Reflective and enjoyable to read. I wonder when you wrote it? I'm glad you came falling down, I would have missed you. I hope you found your Safe, peaceful & serene :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may have been when I was working at CVS. I used to get so bored... I'd manually feed out some receipt paper from the machine and jot down random thoughts. I got in trouble for this more than a few times.

      Delete

Moving

 Trying out a different platform: https://museparade.wordpress.com/