2/16/2009

At the Bookstore

After my third visit this week, I was finally able to finish my book. I'm surprised I wasn't kicked out. I was there for over three hours today; I actually used the bathroom twice. In my little nook, on the most uncomfortable wooden chair, I devoured one of their books, for free no doubt. I wonder if they secretly keep track of how long people stay there. Every time one of their employees walked by to straighten out the books, I wondered if they were checking on me. I never really looked up though. I'd see people pass me, but only glance at their shoes. I'd take a brief millisecond break from my book and wonder what kind of person they were.

I did look up though when I noticed they worked there. I was curious what sort people they hired. Most of them were women, a mixture of ages. I think I only saw two men there, out of about ten. After chapter 42 or so, I stood up to stretch. I glanced around the corners of the bookcase where I was sitting and noticed an employee heading towards me as she put some books up on the shelves. I stood there sort of transfixed for a second. Long, dark and wavy hair, piercing eyes, a gentle face, classy and professional, yet sexy outfit, and prescription glasses. The look of a librarian. I sat down quickly in my chair and took a breath. I shoved my head back into my book and hovered over the words as I waited for her to pass. Even though she was only a foot away from me, I could barely hear her say, "Excuse me", as she squeezed by; her voice was soft and kind. "I think I'm in love", I told myself.

After I finished my book though, I found I was gravely mistaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving

 Trying out a different platform: https://museparade.wordpress.com/